The belt is one of the actuators and is currently widely used in industry and life. There are many different types of belts: ladder wire, pinion wire, FM wire, round cable, flat plate. ..
BELT AND THE NECESSARY PARAMETERS
The belt is one of the actuators and is currently widely used in industry and life. There are many different types of belts: elevator belt, pinion belt, FM belt, round belt, flat belt.…
WHAT IS THE BELT USED FOR?
The belt is one of the actuators and is currently widely used in industry and life.
Transmission belts are classified into three main categories:
- Elevator belts ( V-belt)
- Pinion belt (Timing Belt)
- Flat belt
- V-elevator belt is popular, has international specifications and standards. The common types in Vietnam market today are FM A, B, C, D with dimensions and widths corresponding to 10,13,17,22,32,38 (can also be in 3/8 inch, 1 / 2.21 / 32.7 / 8.1-1 / 4.1-1/2). The values are familiar with repairing and installing machines, as well as skilled workers. And with TAKA - YAMATACHI belt, there are all types and sizes as standard.
Standard belt plate is B = 17, circumference (depending on the company, you can get the inner size in Li, the outer size La, the average size Ld) = 75 (75x25.4) mm.
Currently, there are many new types of belts: SPZ, SPA, SPB, SPC (this type use circumference in mm - SPB 2000, circumference 2000mm) 3V, 5V, 8V (in inches - 5V 1000, perimeter 100x25 .4 inches = 2540mm)
- For example: For B and SPB type, belt plate are still 17 mm but the height of B = 10mm of SPB = 13mm
Currently, many companies apply new generation materials to increase durability and performance. For example, YAMATACHI C TOOTH is using IPDM material which is one of the modern materials being applied in belt technology.
Designs depending on the application also have suitable dimension and structure. For example: high speed, high temperature, specialized vibration transmitters, belts attached to each other…
- Depending on the type of belt and symbol, they are calculated in inches and mm.
- Belts which are calculated in (Inch): belt (M, K, A, B, C, D, E) , (3V, 5V, 8V).
- Belt (M, K, A, B, C, D, E), reading method: belt name + circumference (inch).
- Industrial belts for greater performance (3V, 5V, 8V) … reading method: belt name + 10x circumference (inch)
- Belts which are calculated in (mm): (SPXZ, SPA, SPB, SPC), (M, K, A, B, C, D, E) reading method: belt name + circumference (mm).
- Symbols on the elevator belt (V-belt) depending on brands and certain standards but will still conform to international standards. Reading method: belt name + number. For example: A62, B79…
PARAMETERS TO CALCULATE WHEN SELECTING BELTS
Currently, when going into use, due to time, the code written on the belt is blurred and cannot see clearly the parameters of the belt. Besides, the working condition of the machine cannot be stopped to measure the circumference of the belt or see the parameters. Therefore technical employee need to know how to calculate the belt size to calculate when needed.
From the above results we can find out the parameters of the needed belt type when using, Hopefully with this simp
- L is the length of the belt
- A is the distance of 2 center point between 2 pulley
- D1 is the diameter of pulley 1
- D2 is the diameter of pulley 2
- Applying a formula, we will calculate the length of the belt, thus calculating the size in inches = L9inch) = L (mm)x25.4
- When the length of the belt is measured, the width should be measured after that to determine the belt type